torsdag 5 januari 2012

The situation so far

The road of karate for my part has been quite straight forward in terms of belt gradings. It's not until now that I have hit a snag that I have to untangle before I can progress.

I have never been very strong, I even struggle to put on weight no matter how much I eat or what I eat. My body has a very high metabolism, which means when I train I have to eat constantly to be able to function. Apparently I haven't been so good with this, so instead of getting stronger my muscle growth has either stopped or gone down. This is one of the reasons I have gotten another problem.

During the beginning of autumn 2011 I felt stale in the groin area the day after training. I have felt this in some extent during training the past years too, but not this much and lasting this long. So after talking to my sensei who struggles with hip injuries, I booked a consultation at the local chiropractor clinic.

After a couple of visits the verdict was a typical martial arts injury in my right hip muscles, and very close to getting inflammation in my groin muscles on the right side.

This has happened because my body has learned to use the smaller muscles when I kick and turn, instead of the large ones. It is also because I have a very weak body, due to not eating enough fats and also having a body that has learned to "cheat" and use the wrong muscle groups.

Making a long story short, my new years resolution is to gain weight by muscle mass. And with this also comes to learn to eat the right types of food for my body. If I want to progress in karate and life I have to get these two right, otherwise I'm screwed...


Height: 167 cm
Weight: 51 kg


Picture by: Eivor Mathilde

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar