onsdag 23 maj 2012

Foam roller

My foam roller arrived yesterday. I've tried it out a few times already, and I must say it's really effective! I could feel that my side muscles and tendons on my legs becoming a bit more loose after the first session. Today I tried out some more massaging positions, specially one for my groin muscles. The muscles felt a bit tender when I rolled over them, so I didn't massage them for too long. After a while I will probably be able to extend the massaging of each muscle group, but I'll start up easy and work from there.

Even though I've only used it a few times, I would recommend it to anyone who has stale muscles. Just use it to roll over your problem areas whenever you feel like it! There are plenty of guides out on the internet to find good techniques to really get to the muscle you want to massage.

On a side note, I've started a new project. During the summer I will train to be able to do chinups! I put up my chinup bar and have started slowly by doing "walk-the-plank" 6 reps 3 times. This week I increased it to 6 reps 4 times. This is to get used to a new type of exercise. Since I take so long in building up muscle mass, I don't want to overwork my body.

Two weeks ago I started working full time, which means I haven't been able to train as much as I want to yet. It will probably take me a few weeks more to get to where I feel I have the energy to train a bit more than I have done the past few weeks. The positive thing about work is that since I walk so much I have started to build up some more leg muscles! I'll probably improve some of my leg stamina too.

Next Thursday the club is closing for the summer, and I can start focusing more on building muscle mass and taking care of my muscles a bit more than I recently have. Hopefully this summer will be a welcomed break, and I will return to the dojo in August stronger and more ready to train for the black belt exam next summer!


Picture by: Jørund Vedumsdalen
Edited by: Sofia Danielsson

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar