torsdag 28 juni 2012

Work and workout

With working full time and working out three times a week I have noticed a major difference in food intake. To be able to function the whole day I need to eat about every third hour. I have struggled a bit with the afternoons with finding a good snack that will keep me up and going until I get home and can make dinner.

But I have finally found the solution. When I bring lunch to work I try to bring a bit more than one portion, so that I can save some for later. If I buy food at work, I make a sandwich to bring back to my work station. This strategy seems to work well, but I still need to make dinner almost immediately when I get home, otherwise I risk cutting my fingers on the kitchen knife due to low blood sugar.

I have also started taking a 30 minute nap after I have had dinner to save up some energy for my workouts. This has also meant that I now feel more rested when I wake up in the mornings and can tackle the day better.

For the next three weeks though I will need to get up a bit earlier to catch the bus, and will also arrive home later in the afternoons. It will be interesting to see if I can cope with this change and still keep up with my training. So I will have to get up at around 5 am, and will come home around 5.30 pm... All because of bad bus connections between the two towns.

I'm still struggling with gaining weight. I seem to be stuck between 52.5 kilos to 53.5 kilos. Last week I started drinking protein shakes after workout. Lets see if that helps a bit.

My plan for the summer has worked out really great though. I have started to see and feel a big difference in strength, and my problem muscles has become less tense. I still have some knots to "foam roll" a bit more to get them to loosen up. But I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel!

If weather permits, maybe I'll try myself on some kata training during the weekend! Am feeling a longing for training karate again!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar