fredag 14 september 2012

Stubborn virus!

That cold I wrote about on Facebook didn't turn out to be a tiny cold, but a stubborn virus that seems to still roam my body. I've been ill for almost two weeks now, but it seems like my body is finally winning the battle.

Worst part has been the up and down fever and the coming and going type of headache. Other than that I have slept for 9-10 hours almost every night without feeling that rested when I've woken up with stinging red eyes.

So I went to see the doctor on Monday, and he gave me sick leave from work Monday and Tuesday, thinking that would be enough rest for me to get well. I don't think it was, but have been able to be at work (though have not been that productive).

Due to this I haven't been able to train since Saturday two weeks ago. My wishful thinking was that I could do some light strength training this weekend again, but I do not feel well enough to do so.

If the weather permits I'll have myself a couple of longer walks, perhaps climb the close by hill if I feel up for it. I do believe my dog is looking forward to do some serious walking, as she has been a bit neglected due to my low energy.

But the rest of the weekend is going to be about resting the body and letting it recuperate. It's been a struggle to be at work these three days, and have not been able to do every thing I had to do. I stuck mostly to doing paper work, avoiding lifting things.

Not only has my energy been low during this period, I'm starting to feel unmotivated to do anything! The flat is a mess, clean laundry is still hanging on the clothes horse since Monday, pans are being washed only when I need to use them...

Hopefully I will feel 100% on Monday again, after two days of proper rest, and will be able to train on Tuesday!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar