söndag 5 maj 2013

Left side, strong side!

Well I wish, haha!

A couple of weeks ago I strained a chest muscle on my right side. I finally went to the chiropractor as it didn't go away by itself with icing treatments. She stretched out some muscles around the shoulder and cracked my back a few times. She also took a look at my posture, which is good now by the way, except for my left shoulder.

Since I'm right handed my left side is naturally weaker. I lift most things with my right arm, so that shoulder is positioned where it should be. But since my left side is weaker, that shoulder needs to come back a bit for me to get an even better posture!

So every time I move about,lift things, or even do punches from shizen dachi or senkutsu dachi, I try to constantly pull the left shoulder back while trying to relax my right side. I'm feeling it working as my left arm and shoulder is getting more of a workout out of it.

I was thinking of doing some extra training on my left side so that I become equally strong on both sides. My chiropractor advised against it, and told me to just try and focus on doing things with my left side. So I'll try that for a period and see how it works. I don't want to strain my left side too! :)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar